Ahrani practices in insurance law, with a focus on professional indemnity for financial lines across industry.
Known for her highly developed technical expertise coupled with her collaborative approach, she frequently acts for both local and international insurers for a diverse range of professionals ranging from private certifiers and engineers, through to insurance brokers and directors.
Ahrani’s practice ranges from litigated policy coverage disputes to providing regulatory advice to insurers and other bodies. Additionally, Ahrani does volunteer work for community legal centres including managing case work for refugees.
Ahrani regularly contributes to external publications including the LexisNexis Privacy Law Bulletin, the Australian and New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance Year in Review, The Law Society of New South Wales Young Lawyers journal and external industry magazines.
Areas of Expertise
- Professional Indemnity
- Cyber & Data Security
- Management Liability
- Directors & Officers
- Financial Institutions and Services
- Professions and Business Services
- Technology & Cyber
- Construction & Infrastructure
- Defending an international insurer and reinsurers in relation to a complex coverage dispute under a global insurance policy program.
- Defending engineers, architects, builders and insurance brokers in respect of third party claims arising from negligent professional advice/services.
- Providing regulatory advice regarding ASIC and APRA requirements for insurers.
- Advising insurers and defending a multi-party material damage and business interruption claims stemming from a defective product.
- Assisting in the creation of a Limited Liability Scheme for professional bodies.
- Australia Insurance Law Association
- Australian Professional Indemnity Group
- Australian and New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance
- NSW Claims Discussion Group
- Law Society of NSW
- The Association for Women in Insurance
- Young Insurance Professionals Australia & New Zealand