Amanda’s core practice is in financial lines with specialities in professional indemnity, management liability and directors & officers liability. She also advises leading insurers on policy coverage issues and insurance contract arrangements.
Amanda acts for a range of professionals across industry including financial services licensees, builders and architects. She is experienced in complex multi-party litigation in both original and appellate jurisdictions, handling matters that traverse a spectrum of legal issues.
Amanda takes a collaborative and courteous approach to her matters and aims to reach mutually beneficial resolutions between parties, with a focus on attaining the best commercial outcomes.
Amanda is a member of the Victorian Women Lawyers Communications Committee, and holds a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) and a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Melbourne.
Areas of Expertise
- Directors & Officers
- Management Liability
- Professional Indemnity
- Regulatory Investigations
- Financial Institutions & Services
- Professions & Business Solutions
- Defending negligence and breach of contract claims against an architect in relation to substantial property damage totalling over $5 million, achieving a withdrawal of the claim at mediation.
- Acting on behalf of financial services licensees in respect of complaints arising from allegedly negligent financial advice.
- Advising on coverage issues under professional indemnity, management liability, and directors and officers liability policies of insurance.
- Defending third party proceedings brought by a publicly-listed company in the context of three shareholder class actions worth over $350 million.
- Acting for two Australian universities in proceedings commenced in the Supreme Court of Victoria by a former student seeking judicial review of decisions to exclude him from the universities.
- Acting for an owners corporation manager in defending a claim brought by an owners corporation for breaches of trust and fiduciary duties.
- Advising on insurance contract arrangements for leading Victorian and Australian insurers.
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- Australian Professional Indemnity Group
- Women in Insurance
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Victorian Women Lawyers (Communications Committee member since 2015)