About Amelia Goodall
Amelia is a solicitor in Wotton + Kearney’s Wellington office specialising in a range of insurance areas including subrogated recoveries, professional indemnity, medico-legal and general liability.
Amelia provides support to partners and senior lawyers to advise and assist with professional disciplinary matters in respect of solicitors and psychologists, claims in the High Court against professionals including solicitors, engineers and architects, and subrogated recoveries arising from material damage insurance policies.
Areas of Expertise
- Professional Indemnity
- Healthcare Professional Liability
- Commercial Litigation
- Subrogation & Recoveries
- General Liability
- Professions & Business Services
- Healthcare & Life Science
- Construction & Infrastructure
Amelia Goodall's Experience
- Assisting with the day-to-day conduct of subrogated recoveries and helping insurer clients achieve a cost-effective result.
- Providing advice and assistance to psychologists and solicitors in respect to complaints made against them to their professional governing bodies.
- Defending construction professionals in large scale building defect claims made in the High Court, including managing and reviewing large document discoveries, drafting pleadings and helping with preparation for a mediation or trial.
- Secondment to a New Zealand coverholder for underwriters at Lloyd’s.
- New Zealand Insurance Law Association (NZILA);
- Young Insurance Professionals;
- Wellington Medico-Legal Society.