About Andrew Moore
Andrew is a Senior Associate in Wotton + Kearney’s Auckland office with over 10 years' experience in New Zealand and the London market. He has worked in the insurance sector since 2010 when he joined the Auckland team. Andrew has completed secondments with two international insurers assisting their Contracts, Outsourcing and Data Protection team and their claims teams respectively.
Andrew specialises in first party losses advising local and international insurers and reinsurers on complex indemnity disputes in New Zealand and the South Pacific including Fiji. He also regularly advises on subrogated recoveries.
Areas of Expertise
- Property & Energy
- Fire & Flood
- Natural Catastrophe
- Subrogation & Recoveries
- Financial Institutions & Services
- Construction & Infrastructure
- Property & Real Estate Energy
Andrew Moore's Experience
- Advising insurers on New Zealand’s leading case for policy interpretation (Firm PI 1 Limited v Zurich Australian Insurance Limited  NZSC 147).
- Successfully defending various Lloyd’s Syndicates from claims arising from the Canterbury Earthquakes (He v The Earthquake Commission and Ors  NZHC 2136).
- Advising reinsurers on material non-disclosure and misrepresentation issues following claims under a loss development policy.
- Providing recovery advice to insurers following significant losses arising from the “Tasman Tempest”.
- Advising the follow market on their rights and obligations in significant High Court proceedings.
- Advising the London Market following significant losses to telecommunication networks in Fiji as a result of Cyclone Winston.
- Providing coverage and strategic advices to insurers on various issues arising as a result of New Zealand’s recent spate of natural disasters.