Angela practices in the area of General Liability with a speciality in personal injury matters, along with experience in property damage and professional indemnity across a variety of industry sectors. With both international and local experience, Angela has developed a unique approach to understanding the key drivers of an insurer’s claims function providing her with the ability to adeptly tailor her services to clients.
She has acted for both national and international insurers in defence of a wide variety of claims that involve sporting activities, slip and fall incidents, compensation to relatives, coronial inquests and building and construction related incidents.
Angela has developed highly commercial and cost efficient claims management skills having spent nine months on secondment at a leading London insurer where she managed an extensive portfolio of high profile liability and professional indemnity matters.
Angela is also a volunteer at Senior Rights Legal Service in Sydney.
Areas of Expertise
- Personal Injury
- Property Damage (3rd party)
- Professional Indemnity
- Construction & Infrastructure
- Property & Real Estate
- Sports, Leisure & Entertainment
- Transport & Marine
- Defending and successfully negotiating a walk away settlement in a personal injury matter involving multiple defendants.
- Acting for insurers in relation to a significant property damage claim resulting from a locomotive fire.
- Acting for various occupiers and owners in relation to slip and fall incidents.
- Acting for hotels/club arising from allegations of assault and personal injury.
- Protecting the interests of an agricultural show society named as a party of interest in a Coronial inquest.
- Acting for a large municipal council in a claim for diminished views from a property as a result of failure to notify development application consent.
- Liability claims arising out of aviation accidents.
- Recovery claims arising out of aviation and transport accidents.
- Representing insurers in relation to a claim for damages arising from personal injuries and property damage sustained in a helicopter accident.
- Women in Shipping and Transport Australia
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- Association for Women in Insurance
- Australian Professional Indemnity Group
- Law Society of NSW