Anna has more than 8 years of litigation and insurance litigation and dispute resolution experience gained in Australia and the United Kingdom.
Anna’s practice focuses on advising insurers and professionals in the Financial Lines, Construction, and Directors and Officers liability space. This includes providing insurers with policy coverage advice and defending claims against professionals.
Anna’s insurance litigation experience also includes providing advice on a wide range of other insurance related issues including dual insurance, subrogated recovery actions on behalf of insurers, contractual indemnities, property damage, product liability, public liability and advice relating to the apportionment of liability in the context of contractual relationships.
Anna has extensive experience conducting litigation in most jurisdictions in Australia, with particular expertise defending claims brought in New South Wales and Queensland in the Federal, Supreme and District Courts, having practiced in both states.
Areas of Expertise
- Professional Indemnity
- Financial Institutions
- Directors and Officers
- Construction Professionals
- Policy Coverage
- Statutory & Management Liability
- General Insurance and Litigation
- Financial Institutions & Services
- Construction & Infrastructure
- Directors and Officers
- Routinely defending claims against financial professionals, including financial advisers and accountants brought in a variety of legal forums ranging from the Financial Ombudsman Service to the Supreme Court.
- Routinely providing coverage advice to insurers in respect of claims against financial advisory and accounting firms.
- Acting as coverage counsel for primary insurers in respect two class actions pursued against a corporation for its role as trustee for holders of debentures issued by a now-collapsed non-bank lender.
- Acting as coverage counsel for the second excess insurers of a corporation, in respect of a shareholder class action issued against it relating to the adequacy of its disclosure to the ASX.
- Acting as coverage counsel for excess insurers in respect of proceedings issued against a law firm in relation to the fraudulent acts of its employee who defrauded the law firm’s clients.
- Acting as coverage counsel for insurers in respect of countless claims made arising from a financial advisory firm whose authorised representative was banned by ASIC for routinely providing advice that was not in the best interests of the clients, so that the adviser would benefit from the receipt of commissions and adviser fees.
- Defending a corporation and its sole director who have been criminally charged with contravening the Work Health & Safety Act 2011 (NSW) as a result of its employment practices, which caused personal injury to an employee.
- Defending proceedings brought against a façade engineer for negligence and breach of contract on account of alleged defective works on an iconic building in the Sydney CBD.
- Defending 3 separate sets of proceedings brought against a firm of mechanical services engineers for the alleged defective design of exhaust ventilation ductwork contributing to the cause of a fire and a $20 million loss to building owners and commercial restaurants.
- Conducting various subrogated recovery actions on behalf of insurers in the Construction and Contract Works space.
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- Australian Professional Indemnity Group
- National Association of Women in Construction
- Law Society of NSW