About Bethany Russell
Bethany specialises in public liability and is an Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury Law, and manages a variety of matters including major and complex claims acting for insurers and self-insured clients across the Retail, Property & Real Estate and Construction & Infrastructure sectors.
Bethany also has experience in defending property damage claims for insurers and providing advice on the scope, application and potential recovery opportunities arising from accident and health policies.
As a finalist for the 2016 Lawyers Weekly 30 under 30 Awards in the insurance category as well as completing training in 2016 with SIRA and University of Sydney in the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment, Bethany is highly regarded in the industry for her technical excellence and strategic approach to managing complex claims.
Areas of Expertise
- General Liability/Casualty
- Personal Injury
- Property Damage (3rd party)
- Product Liability/Recall
- Life Accident & Health
- Property & Real Estate
- Construction & Infrastructure
- Healthcare & Life Science
- Consumer Goods
- Professions & Business Services
Bethany Russell's Experience
- Acting for a prominent shopping centre management company to resolve numerous personal injury claims for excellent outcomes.
- Recently secured a settlement for an insurer client which was approximately 2.4% of the Plaintiff’s particularised claim and only 5.4% of the total settlement.
- Obtained a number of agreed verdicts in favour of her insurer and self-insured clients.
- Representing a range of clients in defence of public liability claims including shopping centre owners and occupiers, owners of strata plans, cleaning companies, occupiers of worksites and retail owners/occupiers.
- Australian Insurance Law Association (AILA)
- Claims Discussion Group (NSW)
- The Association for Women in Insurance
- Law Society of New South Wales