Cassandra specialises in insurance litigation, routinely advising on coverage, liability and recovery prospects under various professional and general policies of insurance. She provides advice on complex claims within the professional indemnity, D&O, general insurance and specialty product lines.
With over 14 years of litigation and dispute resolution experience, Cassandra acts for a range of international and domestic insurers and their insureds. In particular, she acts for a variety of professional insureds, most notably those in the building and construction, real estate and finance industries. She has conducted a broad range of construction, engineering and property claims, involving the spectrum of residential properties right through to multi-million dollar developments.
Cassandra has extensive experience dealing with personal injury damages and recovery or contribution claims from third parties including statutory bodies and owner/occupiers on behalf of her professional insureds.
Areas of Expertise
- General Liability/Casualty
Coronials, Inquiries & Prosecutions
- Financial Lines
Directors & Officers
- Construction & Infrastructure
- Financial Institutions
- Labour Hire
- Property & Real Estate
- Professions & Business Services
- Acting for an international insurer defending litigated proceedings about its declinature of insurance coverage to the Directors of a collapsed Financial Services Licensee (seeking coverage for ASIC prosecutions and an investor class action) due to non-disclosure under the Insurance Contracts Act 1984
- Acting for an international insurer in respect of a statutory authority’s claim on its statutory liability policy for its and its directors involvement in the Queensland Floods Commission
- Acting for an international insurer and its fire engineer insured in respect of a AUD 20 million claim regarding negligent design and construction works at the Alice Springs Hospital
- Acting for a structural engineer in respect of both a Coronial Inquest and damages claims arising from the death of an individual because of the engineer’s alleged professional negligence.
- Acting for various financial planners, accountants and AFSL’s and their insurers in a variety of litigated and unlitigated professional negligence claims including coverage advice
- Acting for a variety of Australian companies in respect of catastrophic personal injury claims including:
– Defending a major supermarket chain in a claim arising out of a delivery contractor suffering catastrophic personal injuries when pinned and crushed by a delivery truck in a loading dock
– Defending an engineering firm in a series of personal injury and professional negligence claims arising out of a roof collapse during the construction of a Community Entertainment Centre
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- Australian Professional Indemnity Group
- The Association for Women in Insurance