Dean joined Wotton + Kearney’s Sydney office in November 2014 and was admitted in England & Wales in 2012 after completing a two year traineeship at a top tier UK firm. On admission he joined the insurance department of the London office, where he specialised in advising on coverage and defending a wide range of professionals including lawyers, financial planners, brokers, accountants and surveyors.
Dean’s practice now focuses on Directors & Officers, professional indemnity and construction claims, including advising insurers on complex coverage disputes. Dean also assists in the management of our internal D&O focus group and is currently applying to be admitted in New South Wales.
Dean has also completed secondments in London and Sydney with a third party claims handler and a major insurer handling various financial lines claims.
Areas of Expertise
- Financial Lines
- Directors & Officers
- Professional Indemnity
- Acting on behalf of a director in the Federal Court in claims worth in excess of $150 million and concerning alleged breaches of a wide range of duties.
- Advising insurers and acting of behalf of financial services licensees concerned with multiple complaints arising from allegedly negligent financial planning advice.
- Advising on policy coverage issues with regard to a wide range of professional indemnity claims, including bespoke policies for banks and specialised professions such as seed growers.
- Acting for insurers in relation to related property damage claims worth in excess of $180 million.
- Advising on policy coverage issues with regard to a wide range of Directors & Officers claims, including ASIC investigations and Special Commissions.
- Acting for insurers in relation to multiple related class actions.