Graham Jackson is a Special Counsel at Wotton + Kearney with over 20 years’ experience of acting for insurers and insureds in PI claims (including claims against solicitors, accountants, valuers and building professionals), construction disputes, landlord/tenant disputes, claims against directors and officers, management liability claims, contractual disputes and disciplinary proceedings.
Graham also provides a wide range of coverage advice to D&O, PI, management liability, ISR and E&O insurers, both locally and in the London Market.
Graham is well regarded by clients and colleagues for his ability to cut through complex factual and legal issues and provide clear, strategic and commercial advice. He has a strong track record of resolving complex disputes through mediation and direct negotiation and is a skilled advocate, having appeared regularly in the superior courts of WA, SA and NSW as well as the Federal Court.
Graham is a fluent German speaker and has presented talks in German on Australian contract and insurance law.
Areas of Expertise
- Professional Indemnity
- Directors and Officers
- Property and ISR
- Financial Lines
- Acting for major industrial property group and its ISR insurer in $6M claim against builder and designer arising from the collapse of a warehouse roof.
- Acting for excess layer PI insurer of major law firm in $150M claim arising from mining tenancy advice.
- Advising D&O insurer of failed industrial conglomerate on coverage issues arising from multiple claims against former directors.
- Acting for trustee in bankruptcy in disciplinary proceedings brought by Inspector-General in Bankruptcy.
- Acting for D&O insurer of local government councils in respect of multiple legal representation claims in connection with corruption inquiries.
- Acting for management liability insurer in respect of claims arising from Australia’s largest superannuation fraud.
- Acting for law firm and its PI insurer in defence of multiple claims arising from the collapse of its solicitors mortgage scheme.
- Australian Professional Indemnity Group
- Australian Insurance Law Association