Graham joined Wotton + Kearney in November 2010. Graham previously practised in leading commercial law firms in Sydney and interstate.
Graham has over 15 years of experience in commercial and insurance litigation.
Graham's practice in recent years has focussed on defending professional negligence claims (including against solicitors, accountants, valuers and engineers), acting for insurers in D&O and property/ISR claims and acting for insurers in large scale subrogated recovery actions.
Graham has a strong track record of successfully resolving complex litigation and has represented clients in numerous mediations and other ADR forums. He has regularly appeared in the superior courts of New South Wales, South Australia and Western Australia as well as the Federal Court.
Graham is a fluent German speaker and has presented talks in German on aspects of Australian Law.
Areas of Expertise
- Professional Indemnity
- Directors and Officers
- Property and ISR
- Financial Lines
- acting for the insurer of an investment management insurance policy in Supreme Court proceedings arising from Australia’s largest superannuation fraud;
- acting for the professional indemnity insurer of a law firm in a series of claims arising from the collapse of the firm’s solicitors mortgage scheme;
- acting for solicitors and their professional indemnity insurer in defence of a wide variety of claims arising from commercial and property transactions and the conduct of litigation;
- advising D&O insurer in respect of claims and notifications arising from the collapse of an industrial conglomerate; and
- acting for E&O insurer and film producer in defence of Federal Court copyright infringement proceedings.