Greg is an experienced senior lawyer whose core practice areas include public and product liability, property damage, as well as motor/property recoveries with a focus on the public sector.
During the course of his work, Greg has acted in high profile and complex claims for NSW government agencies and statutory corporations including; the Roads and Maritime Services (RMS), Sydney Water Corporation (SWC), NSW Police, Transport for NSW, Crown Lands, Department of Education, Sydney Trains, NSW Public Works, Sydney Harbour Foreshore Authority, Marine Rescue NSW, Family and Community Services, as well as the Sydney Opera House Trust.
Greg has developed a unique working knowledge of the sector attained from secondments with government departments providing him with the opportunity to work alongside their in house lawyers and agency staff representatives. He is recognised for his strategic management of key stakeholders coupled with his technical expertise to ensure the best outcomes for clients.
Areas of Expertise
- Personal Injury
- Workers Liability/Recovery
- Property Damage (3rd party)
- Product Liability/Recall
- Coverage (stand alone)
- Public Sector/Education
- Labour Hire
- Construction & Infrastructure
- Acting for RMS in relation to multi-party catastrophic injury claims arising from alleged road design defects and maintenance issues, including consideration of duty of care in novel circumstances; the statutory defences available under Part V of the Civil Liability Act (NSW); the Blameless Accident and Lifetime Care Scheme provisions under the Motor Accidents Compensation Act; and potential actions against the Nominal Defendant.
- Acting for Sydney Water and other entities forming part of an alliance in relation to Supreme Court proceedings for personal injury suffered by a sub-contractor electrocuted during excavation works.
- Acting for a timber supplier in relation to allegations alleging of misleading and deceptive in the context of a defective staircase resulting in personal injury.
- Acting for the Underwriters of a deregistered go-karting operator and advising on the merits of defences under the ‘Dangerous Recreational Activities’ provisions of the Civil Liability Act (NSW); and the application of risk warnings and waivers in respect of the risks associated with dangerous recreational activities.
- Acting for an international food manufacturer in relation to allegations that labour hire workers were exposed to toxic fumes in the workplace resulting in respiratory conditions.
- Providing advice on the application of exclusions in Industrial Special Risk policies to issues of insect and chemical contaminations.
- Acting for a government agency in relation to a psychiatric injury claim by a volunteer worker who was on a boat that capsized at sea.
- Acting for various construction companies in relation to industrial accidents involving subcontractors falling from heights and suffering catastrophic injuries.
- Acting for a government agency in multi-party Supreme Court action in relation to a claim by an infant claimant for serious injury resulting from a fall from a historic Jetty.
- Conducting various motor and property damage recoveries on behalf of the NSW Treasury Managed Fund.
- Advising defendants about their exposure to claims in nuisance for property damage allegedly caused by road and/or construction works.
- Acting for the NSW Department of Education in various liability claims against state educational institutions, including classroom, out of school and sporting accidents, bullying, vicarious liability claims arising from acts/omissions of teachers, and allegations of educational negligence.
- Acting on behalf of developers, builders and tradespersons in response to claims for defective workmanship and third party property damage.
- Acting for an excavation contractor in Supreme Court proceedings for property damage and consequential loss arising out of damage to a major underground electricity cable.
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- NSW Claims Discussions Group
- Property & Liability Discussion Group
- Law Society of NSW