Jacqueline has experience in claims arising from personal injury and dust diseases litigation. Prior to joining W+K in 2010 Jacqueline worked at a general law firm in the dispute resolution team for over three years, first as a clerk, then as a graduate lawyer and solicitor. She was promoted to Senior Associate in January 2013.
Areas of Expertise
- Personal Injury
- Accident & Health
- Dust Diseases Litigation
- Acting on behalf of head contractors in claims for personal injuries sustained by employees of specialist sub-contractors on major building projects.
- Acting on behalf of an occupier in a claim for personal injuries sustained by an employee of a labour hire sub-contractor during the course of undertaking a large mining operation.
- Defending the interests of various entities defending nervous shock claims and other claims for psychiatric injury including multiple claims made against a rail service provider following a train derailment.
- Representing the interests of the occupiers of various shopping centres in relation to personal injuries sustained by lawful entrants on their premises.
- Acting in a number of Australian jurisdictions including New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland and South Australia defending the interests of large corporations in dust diseases matters.
- Defending a claim made by the victim of a dog attack.
- Acting for hoteliers against claims made for injuries sustained by patrons who were assaulted at their premises.
- Representing head contractors and subcontractors sued in relation to personal injuries sustained by members of the public and subcontractor employees in connection with their building works.
- Defending the interests of child care service providers in relation to claims made by family members following the death of infants in care.
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- Women in Insurance Association
- Property and Liability Discussion Group, Committee member
- Law Society of NSW
- Wotton + Kearney Insurance Year in Review – 2014
- Wotton + Kearney Insurance Year in Review – 2013
- Wotton + Kearney Insurance Year in Review – 2012
- A chip, a slip and causation in negligence – the law of probabilities
- The Insured’s way or the highway – Section 54 strikes again
- Wotton + Kearney Insurance Year in Review – 2011