Judy has specialised in insurance litigation since 2002. Judy's focuses predominantly on public and products liability, contractual recovery and coverage issues matters. She has specific expertise in occupiers liability claims, labour hire disputes, catastrophic injury claims in product liability matters.
Prior to joining W+K, Judy was a Financial Lines and Casualty claims examiner with AIG where she managed claims involving all types of public and products liability as well as directors and officers liability, financial institutions, fidelity, and professional indemnity matters. Judy also worked with AIG as a financial lines underwriter working closely with broker intermediaries to analyse company risk exposures and develop risk management strategies. In 2010, she also completed a 4 month secondment with another of Australia's largest general insurers, managing an extensive portfolio of public and products liability claims.
Judy has represented client interests in proceedings in various Courts of New South Wales, Victoria and Queensland in personal injury and property matters.
Areas of Expertise
- Dispute Resolution
- Public and Products Liability
- Labour Hire
- Occupier’s liability claims involving personal injury and worksite accidents, including defending a large corporate entity involved with domestic and international transport involving complex subcontractor agreements and obligations.
- Acting for host employers (including companies in liquidation) in relation to labour hire employee injuries, including labour hire employees not locally domiciled.
- Acting for manufacturers and suppliers in product liability and catastrophic personal injury matters involving claims under the Trade Practices Act 1974 (Cth).
- Acting for an Australian car manufacturer with respect to alleged faulty workmanship and design.
- Recovery matters for property damage claims to motor vehicles.
- Advising on policy coverage with reference to public liability and property damage claims.
- Australian Insurance Law Association;
- Women In Insurance
- Young Insurance Professionals, Australia & New Zealand