Lesley has practised in insurance law and dispute resolution for over 20 years, and has worked in top tier and boutique firms including partner for 4 years specialising in insurance law prior to joining W+K. Her core practice areas are general liability and financial lines, with specialities in personal injury, professional indemnity, property damage and professional negligence claims.
Matters Lesley has defended include a vast range of public liability claims, from small to catastrophic injury. She has acted for residential and commercial occupiers including hotel and sporting facilities, cleaners, manufacturers, construction site contractors, roads and statutory authorities, host employers, labour hire providers, medical services providers, child care providers and voluntary associations.
Lesley represents Australian insurers and London underwriters across national and international jurisdictions, and regularly appears in the District and Supreme Courts.
She was President of the Association for Women in Insurance in 2010 and 2011 and prior to that was Vice President and a committee member for 7 years. She is a nationally accredited mediator and has been a member of the Resolution Institute since 2012.
Areas of Expertise
- Personal Injury
- Workers Liability/Recovery
- Property Damage (3rd party)
- Product Liability/Recall
- Coronials, Inquiries & Prosecutions
- Coverage (stand alone)
- Subrogation & Recoveries
- Construction & Infrastructure
- Consumer Goods
- Energy & Mining
- Property & Real Estate
- Sports Leisure & Entertainment
- Defending a vast range of public liability claims, ranging from small to catastrophic injury matters, acting for residential and commercial occupiers including hotel and sporting facilities, cleaners, manufacturers, construction site contractors, roads and statutory authorities, host employers, labour hire providers, medical services providers, child care providers and voluntary associations.
- Defending clubs, hotels, security providers, theatre and restaurant operators against personal injury and property damage claims, including fire damage claims and assault claims.
- Defending ski resorts, golf clubs, go kart providers, hand glider associations, swimming pool operators and gyms against claims for personal injury damages arising out of recreational activities.
- Representing insureds in coronial inquests and against compensation to relatives and nervous shock claims.
- Defending property damage, third party loss and professional indemnity claims against diesel generator manufacturers, mining companies and power, gas and electrical entities.
- Advising and pursuing dual insurance claims for contribution.
- Advising and pursuing contractual indemnity claims.
- Advising and pursuing breach of contract claims for failure to effect insurance.
- Coverage advice relevant to the operation of public/product liability wordings, Industrial Special Risks cover, contract works policies, professional indemnity policies and product recall/contaminated products cover.
- The Association for Women in Insurance (President, Vice President, Committee Member and Lifetime Member)
- Resolution Institute (formerly The Institute of Arbitrators and Mediators)
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- Australian Professional Indemnity Group
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Australian and New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance
- Claims Discussion Group