About Natasha Cannon
Natasha is a Solicitor in Wotton + Kearney’s Wellington office with over six years’ experience as an insurance lawyer.
Natasha has practiced in the UK and Australia specialising in a number of areas including professional liability, subrogated recoveries, general liability and coverage disputes.
During her time in the UK Natasha undertook a thirteen month secondment to the London Financial Lines claims team of a major international insurer.
Areas of Expertise
- Professional Indemnity
- Subrogation & Recoveries
- Regulatory Inquiry, Investigation or Prosecution
- Cyber & Data Security
- Personal Injury
- Professions & Business Services
- Financial Institutions & Services
- Construction & Infrastructure
- Technology & Cyber
Natasha Cannon's Experience
- Pursuing subrogated recovery claims on behalf of insurer clients.
- Advising on, and assisting with, professional negligence claims brought against solicitors, engineers, architects, property managers and other professionals, including complaints to professional bodies such as the New Zealand Law Society Standards Committee.
- Advising clients in relation to claims before the Disputes Tribunal, including successful dismissal of claims against property managers.
- Assisting with, and advising on, claims brought under the New Zealand Fair Trading Act.
- Advising and assisting clients in relation to disciplinary and regulatory investigations, including managing large scale document reviews of underlying files and preparing reports for regulators.
- Undertaking a secondment to the London Financial Lines claims team of a major international insurer where she autonomously handled all aspects of a wide range of professional indemnity claims.
- Member of the New Zealand Law Society
- Member of the New Zealand Insurance Law Association
- Member of Not The Boys Club
- Member of Young Insurance Professionals