Natasha is an integral member of our general liability team with nearly 10 years experience in insurance and commercial litigation. She specialises in public and products liability, workplace and transport accidents, statutory recovery actions, as well as property damage claims.
With significant experience in complex claims, Natasha acts for one of Australia’s largest supermarkets, and on behalf of host employers, hotel owners and operators, security guards, facility managers, as well as builders and developers.
Known in the market for her ability to devise pragmatic strategies for resolution, Natasha’s key strengths lie understanding her clients’ business requirements and identifying early settlement opportunities.
Natasha is a committee member of Women In Insurance (Victorian Chapter), a not for profit organisation which aims to enhance the position of women in the insurance industry.
Areas of Expertise
- Personal Injury
- Workers Liability / Recovery
- Coverage (stand alone)
- Property Damage (3rd party)
- Subrogation & Recoveries
- Construction & Infrastructure
- Consumer Goods
- Property & Real Estate
- Defending a hotel in respect of allegations that an employee assaulted a patron. W+K made an application for summary judgment arguing that the alleged events had no connection with the hotel, which resulted in the plaintiff withdrawing his claim.
- Acting for one of Australia’s largest department stores in proceedings brought by an injured worker and the Victorian WorkCover Authority. W+K successfully defended the matter at a jury trial, resulting in full recovery of the client’s costs.
- Acting for one of Australia’s largest supermarkets in defence of a personal injury claim which arose due to the supply of a defective product. W+K successfully obtained a full indemnity from the manufacturer.
- Defending a food supplier from a personal injury claim pursued under the then Trade Practices Act 1974 (Cth) which involved allegations of defective packaging. Natasha secured an excellent commercial outcome for the client at mediation.
- Acting for a traffic management company in respect of a personal injury claim. Natasha successfully obtained double insurance from a co-defendant.
- Defending an ink supplier from allegations that the supply of unsuitable product caused packaging failures which resulted in a nationwide product recall. W+K successfully argued before the Victorian Court of Appeal that the proceeding should be stayed on the basis that the parties were bound by an arbitration agreement.
- Acting for an electrician in a property damage claim which involved complex issues of mould and rectification. After carefully guiding the client through more than 20 expert reports, Natasha successfully negotiated a commercial resolution much to the client’s delight.
- Successfully defending an application brought by a worker to extend the limitations period within which to commence a proceeding. The worker, who brought her claim nearly 7 years out of time, was statute barred from pursuing the claim.
- Successfully pursuing a subrogated action brought against a head contractor following a crane collapse which resulted in personal injury.
- Advising on policy response, double insurance, indemnity disputes and arbitration clauses.
- Australia Insurance Law Association
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Victorian Women Lawyers
- Women In Insurance (Victorian Chapter) (Committee Member)