Roland is a results-focused solicitor and has private practice and in-house claims management experience specialising in Financial Lines as well as Property & Energy. Roland has earned a reputation for consistently achieving outstanding outcomes for his clients in dispute management.
Roland is regularly called on by insurers to draft and revise policy wording and endorsements and prepares a full suite of primary policies including; Directors & Officers, Professional Liability, Crime, Employment Practices Liability, Cyber & Data Security, DIC/DIL, Construction, and Logistics Liability, General Products and Environmental Liability and endorsements across a range of product offerings.
Through his extensive experience, Roland has also developed unique expertise in the development and implementation of alternative dispute resolution strategies, gained from complex major construction and financial services sector experience.
Areas of Expertise
- Professional Indemnity
- Directors & Officers
- Coverage (stand alone)
- Regulatory, Compliance & Policy Review
- Property & Energy
- Technology & Cyber
- Construction & Infrastructure
- Financial Institutions & Services
- Roland has developed bespoke dispute resolution strategies for managing major infrastructure claims that have facilitated the efficient, proper and cost effective disposition of major disputes whilst avoiding incurring unnecessary costs of litigation. In doing so he gained the trust and respect of the parties and multiple insurers involved in the claims.
- Roland is presently drafting an extensive suite of policy offerings for an international insurer who is launching into the Australian primary insurance market.
- Australia Insurance Law Association
- Australian Professional Indemnity Group
- Law Society of NSW
- Former Director Law Industry Superannuation Trust
- Law Society Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee Member