Rosalind’s practice focuses on public and products liability and property damage claims. She has broad experience advising local and overseas insurers in relation to claims across a range of industries including transport, manufacturing, construction and property, as well as in the education sector.
Rosalind has handled a variety of claims for both local and overseas insurers, including having primary conduct of a number of technical and complex matters involving extensive media interest and policy interpretation.
Rosalind was the inaugural winner of the Michael Kirby Chambers UTAS prize for high achievement.
Areas of Expertise
- Personal Injury
- Workers Liability/Recovery
- Property Damage (3rd party)
- Product Liability & Product Recall
- Subrogation & Recoveries
- Construction and infrastructure
- Defending a claim against a major insurer in an indemnity dispute which was listed in the Fast Track List of the Federal Court. Rosalind was extensively involved in all aspects of the matter, liaising closely with the client and Senior Counsel, and played a critical role in obtaining an excellent settlement result.
- Advising insurers in relation to a salmonella “outbreak” at a 5 star hotel in Melbourne. Rosalind provided crucial advice to the client in response to media requests and dealings under extremely time-critical circumstances. She further advised on and coordinated the settlement of numerous claims made by customers of the hotel.
- Co-ordinating the responses to over 30 claims against a major construction company. This involved ensuring a clear flow of information between a host of interested parties, and providing rolling advice to the client and insured through the course of the matter, so as to secure favourable settlements in each individual case.
- Defending two related proceedings involving a complex psychiatric injury claim of significant value, in an industrial relations context. One of the proceedings was resolved through a highly favourable settlement, with the other proceeding following closely behind.
- Australia Insurance Law Association
- Australian Professional Indemnity Group
- Australian and New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance
- Claims Discussion Group
- Engineering Discussion Group
- Law Institute of Victoria