Shih-Lene has over 15 years’ international and national experience in the insurance industry. She specialises in public and products liability focusing on multi-party and complex personal injury, property damage and policy coverage.
Shih-Lene represents national insurers, London market underwriters, Third Party Administrators and national companies with large self-insured retentions. She has defended a range of PIPA claims including for principal contractors, subcontractors, sporting associations, shopping centre owners, security contractors and venue operators.
Having worked in-house at a leading London insurer, Shih-Lene is cognizant of her clients’ commercial needs and priorities. She focuses on providing clear and concise advice, accurate reserves and pragmatic resolution of claims.
Areas of Expertise
- General Liability
- Personal Injury
- Property Damage (3rd Party)
- Product Liability/Recall
- Property & Energy
- Subrogation & Recoveries
- Construction & Infrastructure
- Property & Real Estate
- Consumer Goods
- Acting on behalf of a multinational construction company and its insurer in a claim for head injuries allegedly caused by concrete falling from a cracked ceiling.
- Pursuing a recovery action on behalf of a principal contractor and its insurer for losses as a result of a house fire due to defective light dimmer units.
- Acting for a demolition company and its insurer in multiple claims alleging vibration damage.
- Defending a white goods manufacturer in a subrogated recovery related to a house fire allegedly caused by defective power control board
- Australian Insurance Law Association (AILA)
- Queensland Law Society