About Sophie Lucas
Sophie is a Partner in Wotton + Kearney’s Auckland office and has worked in the area of insurance litigation in New Zealand and the UK for over 15 years.
She specialises in the defence of claims and disciplinary investigations against all professionals, with a particular interest in claims against solicitors, brokers, real estate agents, architects and architectural designers.
Areas of Expertise
- Professional Indemnity
- Construction Professionals
- Investment Advisors
- Real Estate
- Professions and Business Services
Sophie Lucas's Experience
- Defending a firm of solicitors against a claim arising out of the purchase of a residential property secured partially against a property owned by the purchaser’s parents.
- Defending claims against solicitors arising out of estate planning and distribution.
- Defending brokers against allegations of non-disclosure and misrepresentation.
- Defending architects and architectural designers against allegations about the adequacy of plans and calculations, specification of products and delays.
- Defending real estate agents against claims alleging misrepresentation and inadequate supervision, as well as issues arising from properties contaminated with methamphetamine.