Stan specialises in defending public liability claims against government departments and agencies, and retail shopping centre owners. He is known for being able to successfully navigate the complex nature of government matters and is respected by key personnel and decision-makers in the sector.
Stan skilfully facilitates mediations and settlement conferences. His negotiating skills coupled with his forensic analysis of evidence have produced swift and excellent commercial results for his clients.
Areas of Expertise
- Personal Injury
- Workers Liability Recovery
- Public Sector + Education
- Retail + Labour Hire
- Industrial + Commercial Property
- Energy, Mining + Power
Public Liability & Personal Injury
- Successfully defending NSW Land & Housing Corporation in a $1 million claim for breach of duty of care following injuries suffered after a glass shower-screen broke.
- Successfully defending a major shopping centre operator and proving that it did not breach its duty of care in a claim following an alleged slip on a food item.
- Achieving a commercially favourable settlement after a customer fell and sustained significant injuries at a hotel.
- Obtaining judgment in favour of NSW Land & Housing Corporation in a claim following a fall from the roof of a housing unit causing serious external and internal injuries.
- Successfully obtained judgment in favour of NSW Land & Housing Corporation in a personal injury claim following the collapse of a bedroom ceiling.
- Advised the University of NSW on the cost-effectiveness of proceeding with a clinical trial in India.
- Acted for the NSW Land and Housing Corporation in a claim where the claimant suffered serious orthopaedic injuries after falling off play equipment – successfully arguing that climbing the structure was a dangerous recreational activity and an obvious risk.
- Successfully obtained judgment in favour of Stockland Merrylands in a claim where the claimant’s allegations of slipping on ice cream and suffering orthopaedic injuries did not match the information our client possessed.
- Australia Insurance Law Association
- NSW Claims Discussion Group
- Hellenic Australian Lawyers Association
- Law Society of NSW