Tara specialises in public and products liability focusing on complex personal injury, policy coverage and property damage. She provides advice and acts in matters for insurers and their corporate customers and large multi-national self-insureds. Tara is recognised for strong analytical skills and attention to detail relevant to assessing liability, quantum and policy issues and works toward developing strategic and commercial outcomes for her clients.
Tara has acquired a comprehensive knowledge of the construction, infrastructure and mining industries through frequently defending a diverse range of liability claims in these areas. She regularly advises on policy cover in the context of public liability claims, including issues of dual insurance as well as advising on contractual arrangements involving insurance requirements.
Tara is a dual qualified lawyer having practised in both the USA and Australia.
Areas of Expertise
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability
- Property Damage (3rd party)
- Construction & Infrastructure
- Energy & Mining
- Advising in relation to resolution of a claim against a subcontractor made by the head contractor on a rail project in a coal mine for contractual indemnity and cover under the subcontractor’s insurance policy in the context of a claim against the head contractor by an injured worker.
- Advising insurers on subrogated recovery claims in the context of product liability losses.
- Achieving successful outcomes for insurers in various coverage disputes lodged by insureds with FOS (Financial Ombudsman Service).
- Advising on policy coverage in the context of public liability claims, including cover for third parties.
- Defending principals and contractors in multi-party claims involving building site injuries and deaths.
- Advising on complex contractual arrangements in the context of defending worksite personal injury claims.
- Australia Insurance Law Association
- Australian Professional Indemnity Group
- Law Society of NSW