Wotton + Kearney Annual Law Forum 2010
Wotton + Kearney’s annual Insurance Law Forum was held on the 21st of October 2010 at the Maritime Museum in Sydney. There was a fantastic turn out and great mix from the insurance community.
Our annual “Insurance Year in Review” publication was launched at the event. The publication highlights key developments in insurance law generally and across a broad range of product types over the past 12 months. A copy can be found on our publications page.
Keynote speaker, Karl Sullivan, General Manager Risk & Disaster Planning, Insurance Council of Australia, gave a talk on “Natural Disasters: Changing attitudes to risk prevention” which was very well received by the audience. Charles Thornley, Special Counsel, Wotton + Kearney gave a short presentation on “Insurance policies and the just, quick and economic disposition of proceedings”.
Our interactive panel discussion involved the audience navigating their way through an insurance scenario. The audience responded to the panel member’s comments using an interactive keypad. A big thank you to our panel speakers:
- Marcus Thomas, Regional Underwriting Manager, Liberty International Underwriters;
- Sarah Cruickshank, Joint Managing Director, Parker & Partners;
- George Tarabaras, Director & General Manager, Risk Management, Marsh Pty Ltd;
- Michael Bath, Special Counsel, Wotton + Kearney Lawyers;
- Patrick Boardman, Partner, Wotton + Kearney Lawyers; and
- Nick Lux, Partner at Wotton + Kearney, the facilitator of the panel.
The session was followed by cocktail and canapes in the museum gallery.25/11/2010