W+K Silicosis Claims Webinar – summary and recording
The number of silicosis claims in Australia is on the rise due to the increasing awareness of the impact of exposure to high concentrations of silica dust generated while working with artificial and engineered stone. Our national panel of W+K’s senior lawyers discuss the wave of silicosis claims, and what this means for Australian companies, insurers, brokers, and other stakeholders.
During the session, our panel discusses:
- How silicosis claims are being run around Australia, including discussing the specific nuances in each of the states.
- Liability issues arising in silicosis claims.
- Quantum issues specific to silicosis.
- Policy issues, including policy periods, latent onset triggers, policy wording, and exclusions.
- Cassandra Wills (Special Counsel, Brisbane)
- Emily Archer (Senior Associate, Melbourne)
- Jacqueline Grace (Special Counsel, Sydney)
- Ken Grunder (Special Counsel, Perth)
This publication is intended to provide commentary and general information. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. Formal legal advice should be sought in particular transactions or on matters of interest arising from this publication. Persons listed may not be admitted in all states and territories.