Adam’s experience extends to claims involving property and product liability, product recall, recoveries, personal injury and drafting coverage advice. He advises on professional indemnity claims relating to accountants, financial planners, solicitors, engineers and builders. He also acts for insurers and their corporate insureds in pursuing subrogated recovery actions against third parties.
He has particular experience in the construction and property sectors, advising on matters ranging from catastrophic injuries sustained on construction sites to third party property damage from construction works and claims arising from negligent professional advice and services.
Adam has appeared in matters at Local, District, Supreme and Appeals Courts of New South Wales and the Federal Court of Australia. He also regularly provides pro bono legal advice at the Senior Rights Service, a community legal centre that seeks to protect the legal rights of older people in New South Wales.
Property Damage and Product Liability
- Advising on indemnity and liability issues regarding claims for property damage and product liability.
- Acting for a manufacturer of commercial appliances in a claim made by a retailer for fire-related property damage allegedly caused by defective goods
- Acting in a large property damage claim involving engineers, architects and builders regarding claims arising from negligent professional advice and services.
- Acting for a Super Fund in a professional negligence claim against the auditors of the fund.
- Acting for a construction company and its insurer regarding catastrophic injuries suffered by a subcontracted worker on site.
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability + Recall
- Professional Liability
- Property Damage (Third Party)
- Subrogated Recoveries
- Construction + Infrastructure
- Profession + Business Services
- Manufacturing + Consumer Goods
- Retail + Labour Hire
- Australia Insurance Law Association
- Law Society of NSW
- NSW Claims Discussion Group