Allison helps local and international insurers, insureds and corporations with personal injury, general liability and professional indemnity claims across a wide range of sectors.
Allison is trusted by her clients for her technical skills, commercial acumen and her ability to quickly get to the crux of matters. She has particular experience managing sensitive claims, including claims for psychiatric injuries and abuse, fatal injuries and asbestos-related diseases. Her qualifications in science and law means that she brings a scientific understanding to managing health-related claims.
Clients turn to Allison to provide coverage advice on complex indemnity issues, when claims involve an interaction of covers, claims against healthcare professionals and issues relating to double insurance, and coverage disputes.
A committed participant in the firm’s Community Footprint program, Allison’s pro bono work includes acting for a member of the Stolen Generation and defending debt recovery proceedings for the socially disadvantaged.
Personal Injury/General Liability
- Acting for schools and institutions in personal injury claims made by students and other community members, including psychiatric injury claims for bullying, harassment and sexual abuse.
- Advising building contractors on common law damages claims and recovery proceedings issued by regulators.
- Defending the former manufacturers of asbestos-containing products against personal injury claims, nationally, including estate and dependency claims and pursuing contribution/recovery claims for asbestos liabilities.
Healthcare Professional Liability
- Acting for health professionals and nursing agencies in notifications made to the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency on instructions from professional indemnity insurers.
- Defending a statutory authority on instructions from its professional indemnity insurer in a class action brought by women who contracted hepatitis C at a medical facility as a result of the criminal actions of their anaesthetist.
- Acting for professional indemnity insurers in personal injury claims against their insured real estate agents, property managers, and sports and gym facilities.
- Defending professional negligence claims against auditors and property valuers.
- Advising a professional indemnity insurer about a double insurance claim made by its insured’s public liability insurer on underlying damages and recovery proceedings following catastrophic injuries to a worker on a construction site.
- Advising management liability insurers on the operation of a major shareholder exclusion, and on the allocation of insured and uninsured parts of a claim for breach of contract and misleading or deceptive conduct.
- Healthcare + Lifesciences
- Legacy, Sensitive + Complex Claims
- Management Liability
- Personal Injury
- Professional Liability
- Construction + Infrastructure
- Financial Institutions + Services
- Healthcare + Life Sciences
- Industrial + Commercial Property
- Professions + Business Services
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- Women in Insurance
- Law Institute of Victoria