Alycia is a senior associate in Wotton + Kearney’s professional indemnity team with a focus on coverage and financial lines claims.
Alycia has acted for both London market and local insurers as coverage and defence counsel in complex litigated and non-litigated claims advising on indemnity, liability, quantum, and strategy.
Alycia has experience conducting litigation in the Supreme and County Courts of Victoria, as well as the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal in claims brought against various professionals. She also acts in subrogated recovery matters.
Alycia also advises insurers on complex coverage matters, both in response to primary claims for indemnity as well as declinature disputes. Here, Alycia’s attention to detail and detailed investigation of facts and chronologies is critical.
Alycia has also spent time as a secondee to the Claims team of a national insurer, where she managed a large portfolio of Professional Indemnity, SME and D&O claims.
- Successfully defending an underwriting agency from being joined to Supreme Court proceedings brought by a claimant against an insured. The joinder was successfully defended on the basis that the Policy did not respond to the claim. We were awarded our costs on a part party-party and part-indemnity basis.
- Defending a variety of professionals in respect of negligence and breach of contract claims brought against them, including representing them at mediations.
- Acting as coverage counsel in a $60 million claim against directors and officers of a multi-million dollar mining company, with mining interests in the United States of America. Advice includes complex indemnity analysis due to numerous claims in multiple disciplinary and territorial jurisdictions (both nationally and internationally), as well as independent liability assessment.
- Directors + Officers Liability
- Financial Institutions
- Professional Liability
- Subrogated Recoveries
- Financial Institutions + Services
- Professions + Businesses Services
- Women in Insurance (Membership Secretary)
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- Australian Professional Indemnity Group