Amanda works across Wotton + Kearney’s General Liability team, with experience in personal injury, employers’ liability/recovery, general liability, property damage (third party), product liability/recall and life, accident & health claims.
Amanda has defended numerous personal injury claims for and on behalf of insurers and self-insureds in the retail, food, banking, natural resources and hotel/accommodation sector. She is acutely aware of the varying needs of insureds to minimise and manage media exposure and to maintain their reputation.
Amanda regularly appears on behalf of insurers and insureds in the District and Supreme Courts of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). She is also a passionate advocate for corporate social responsibility, having acted on a pro-bono basis with the Human Rights Law Centre, to provide assistance to asylum seekers by filing applications for judicial review.
- Defending claims against a bank for psychiatric injuries suffered by customers during an armed hold up. Amanda successfully instructed at trials in the Supreme Court of the ACT and in the ACT Court of Appeal, which found in favour of the bank in both instances (Gary Nigel Roberts v Westpac Banking Corporation  ACTCA 68).
- Defending complex claims against elevator manufacturers/servicers for injuries sustained by passengers and involving multiple parties. The claims involved considering specialised expert evidence and achieving a commercial resolution for the insured.
- Defending an LPG gas supplier against a personal injury claim arising from a gas explosion. Amanda assisted in successfully having the claim against the insured dismissed during the early stages of litigation by obtaining specialised evidence to discredit the plaintiff’s allegations that the insured was negligent.
- Employment Practices Liability
- General Liability
- Personal Injury
- Property Damage (Third Party)
- Consumer Goods + Retail
- Life, Accident + Health
- General Insurance
- Product Liability + Recall
- Australia Insurance Law Association
- Law Society of NSW
- NSW Claims Discussion Group Inc.
- Women in Insurance
- Young Insurance Professionals, Australia & New Zealand