Amelia is an Associate in Wotton + Kearney’s Wellington office specialising in a range of insurance areas including subrogated recoveries, professional indemnity, medico-legal and general liability.
Amelia provides support to partners and senior lawyers to advise and assist with professional disciplinary matters in respect of solicitors and psychologists, claims in the High Court against professionals including solicitors, engineers and architects, and subrogated recoveries arising from material damage insurance policies.
- Assisting with the day-to-day conduct of subrogated recoveries and helps to ensure that insurer clients achieve a cost-effective result.
- Providing advice and assistance to psychologists and solicitors in respect to complaints made against them to their professional governing bodies.
- Defending construction professionals in large scale building defect claims made in the High Court, including managing and reviewing large document discoveries, drafts pleadings and helps with preparation for a mediation or trial.
- Amelia organises and participates in activities with students at a local low decile secondary school.
- Commercial Litigation
- Healthcare + Lifesciences
- Professional Liability
- Subrogated Recoveries
- Professions + Business Services
- Healthcare + Life Science
- Construction + Infrastructure
- New Zealand Insurance Law Association
- Young Insurance Professionals
- Wellington Medico-Legal Society