Angela is passionate about social justice and specialises in pro bono legal work and community service. She manages the day-to-day running of Wotton + Kearney’s pro bono, community and responsible business program, Community Footprint.
As a senior, experienced lawyer, Angela acts for the firm’s pro bono clients, builds relationships with pro bono and not-for-profit partners, coordinates the firm’s pro bono legal projects and clinics, and supervises and mentors other lawyers in their pro bono legal work.
Angela’s pro bono legal practice has a particular focus on the rights of refugees and people seeking asylum through the firm’s partnerships with Refugee Advice & Casework Service, Refugee Legal and Human Rights Law Centre.
She also coordinates and engages in the firm’s many charity initiatives and is an active member of the firm’s Diversity Council and Environment & Sustainability Committee.
Her community roles have included coordinating a women’s legal service, working with community legal centres, and volunteering at a cancer hospital, a children’s centre and schools.
Angela also has extensive experience in insurance law and dispute resolution. She is admitted to legal practice in New South Wales, South Australia and Queensland.
- Assisting refugees and asylum seekers with their applications for protection visas.
- Providing pro bono advice and representation in judicial review of refugee decisions.
- Providing pro bono assistance to refugees and asylum seekers who were previously detained in offshore detention and transferred to Australia for medical treatment.
- Providing pro bono advice to seniors.
- Providing legal assistance to not-for profits and community legal centres.
- Community + Pro Bono