Angela’s speciality is personal injury and property damage matters across a variety of industry sectors. Her experience working in-house for a number of insurers has developed her highly commercial approach with a strategy focus.
She has acted for both national and international insurers and London market insurers in defence of a wide variety of complex claims involving building and construction related incidents, sporting activities, compensation to relatives, coronial inquests, catastrophic injuries and coverage issues.
She understands the key drivers of an insurer’s claims function providing her with the ability to adeptly tailor her services to clients.
- Defending and successfully negotiating a walk away settlement in a personal injury matter involving multiple defendants.
- Acting for insurers in relation to a significant property damage claim resulting from a locomotive fire.
- Acting for various occupiers and owners in relation to slip and fall incidents.
- Acting for hotels/club arising from allegations of assault and personal injury.
- Protecting the interests of an agricultural show society named as a party of interest in a Coronial inquest.
- Acting for a large municipal council in a claim for diminished views from a property as a result of failure to notify development application consent.
- Liability claims arising out of aviation accidents.
- Recovery claims arising out of aviation and transport accidents.
- Representing insurers in relation to a claim for damages arising from personal injuries and property damage sustained in a helicopter accident.
- Personal Injury
- Professional Liability
- Property Damage (Third Party)
- Construction + Infrastructure
- Property + Real Estate
- Sports, Leisure + Entertainment
- Transport + Marine
- Women in Shipping and Transport Australia
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- Association for Women in Insurance
- Australian Professional Indemnity Group
- Law Society of NSW