Anthony is a seasoned litigator and advisor who has practised almost exclusively as an insurance lawyer throughout his career. He advises local and global insurers, and their insureds, on claims in the construction, infrastructure, industrial and commercial property, manufacturing, transport, agriculture, energy, mining and power generation sectors.
Anthony acts as defence or coverage counsel in high-value and complex matters, including class-actions and multi-jurisdictional matters. He is also accomplished in pursuing subrogated recoveries.
Anthony is committed to achieving the best commercial results for his clients and is skilled in developing and implementing strategies to deliver those results. He is a meticulous practitioner with a reputation for providing plain English advice that is pragmatic and concise. Having undertaken several secondments with major insurers, Anthony also has a clear understanding of insurers’ claims processes and commercial drivers.
Construction + Contract Works
- Acting as coverage counsel in a multimillion-dollar contract works claim brought against the insured for allegedly failing to properly construct a large residential property in New South Wales.
- Acting as coverage counsel in a delay in start-up claim (approximately $2 million value) brought against the insured for allegedly failing to properly construct a large commercial property in New South Wales.
- Acting as coverage counsel in a claim (approximately $100 million value) brought against the insured for allegedly failing to properly construct a government facility in New South Wales.
- Acting as defence counsel for the insurer in a coverage dispute regarding a claim (approximately $1.5 million value) arising out of a failed excavation.
- Acting as defence counsel for the insured in a claim for alleged design defects regarding a train loading system.
Industrial Special Risks
- Acting for the insured telecommunications entity in a claim (approximately $14 million value) against a contractor regarding damage to its assets.
- Advising insurers on coverage issues arising from the COVID-19 pandemic and the impact of various government responses to arrest the spread of COVID-19.
- Acting for the insured crane hire company in a recovery action (approximately $1 million value) against a crane manufacturer and operator arising out of the collapse of cranes at a construction site.
- Acting for the insured in a recovery action (approximately $1 million value) against a manufacturer arising out of manufacturing defects in a machine.
- Property - Major Loss
- Construction + Infrastructure
- Energy, Mining + Power Gen
- Industrial + Commercial Property
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- Law Society of NSW
- NSW Claims Discussion Group Inc.