Ashley works in Wotton + Kearney’s General Liability team specialising in personal injury and institutional abuse claims. She has experience acting in the defence of claims against principal contractors, subcontractors, hotel owners, security providers, residential and commercial occupiers, property managers and other businesses.
Having had in-house experience at one of Australia’s largest general insurers working with institutional liability claims, Ashley recognises the importance of meeting client expectations, providing clear succinct advice and accurate reserving.
Ashley is an active participant in W+K pro bono team and is a member of Young Insurance Professionals and the Australian Insurance law Association.
- Acting for a variety of educational and religious institutions in response to claims of abuse which involve the consideration of complex psychiatric injuries.
- Acting for principal contractors and subcontractors in multiparty claims for personal injury sustained on construction sites involving the consideration of issues including labour contractual liability issues.
- Acting for residential and commercial occupiers in public liability claims arising from slips, trips and falls.
- Acting in motor vehicle property damage recovery and defence claims.
- General Liability
- Personal Injury
- Property Damage (Third Party)
- Institutional Liability
- Construction + Infrastructure
- Public Sector + Education
- Property + Real Estate
- Motor Vehicle + Property Damage Recovery
- Queensland Law Society
- Young Insurance Professionals
- Australian Insurance Law Association