Belinda assists local and international insurers and Lloyd’s of London syndicates in many high-profile public and product liability and recall, general liability and property damage claims across a wide range of industries. She has earned an enviable reputation for her technical excellence and her collaborative and flexible approach to resolving claims.
Belinda regularly assists insurers and their corporate customers to defend and manage urgent and sensitive crises, particularly those involving food products, as well as assisting with catastrophic injury, institutional abuse claims and coronial inquiries.
As a member of the Firm’s Executive Committee, Belinda is one of the key people charged with ensuring that Wotton + Kearney responds efficiently and effectively to the needs of our insurance clients and that we provide commercially sensible and considered advice.
Belinda has been recognised by clients and colleagues in Best Lawyers Australia and Doyles Guide for insurance law and as a leading public liability lawyer for four years running.
Product Liability & Recall
- Defending public liability claims ranging from small claims to catastrophic injuries and property damage for insureds, such as residential and commercial occupiers, construction site contractors, roads and statutory authorities, recreational services providers, and voluntary and not-for-profit associations.
- Defending manufacturers and suppliers in product liability injury and property damage claims involving animal feed, consumable products and ingredients, paint products, recreational equipment, electrical products, tyres and mechanical componentry. These claims involve the interaction between the Trade Practices Act/Australian Consumer Law and Civil Liability Act and often include advising on recovery prospects against foreign manufacturers.
- Conducting product recalls and contaminated products claims, and advising insurers when there has been accidental contamination or malicious product tampering with food and beverage products, and mislabelling claims.
- Defending hotels, clubs, security providers, theatre and restaurant operators against personal injury and property damage claims, including fire damage and assault claims.
- Defending workers compensation recovery actions under section 151Z of the Workers Compensation Act.
- Acting in defence of vibration damage and subsidence claims involving multiple residential and commercial property owners.
- Fidelity + Crime
- Inquiries, Investigations + Prosecutions
- Legacy, Sensitive + Complex Claims
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability + Recall
- Property Damage (Third Party)
- Subrogated Recoveries
- Construction + Infrastructure
- Healthcare + Life Sciences
- Manufacturing + Consumer Goods
- Retail + Labour Hire
- Sport Leisure & Entertainment
- Australia Insurance Law Association
- Australian Professional Indemnity Group
- Australian and New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance
- Claims Discussion Group
- Law Society of NSW
- Women in Insurance