Caitilin has extensive experience in commercial litigation and employment disputes and is known for her frank, approachable manner. She is regularly instructed in employment matters, including restraint of trade (ranging from negotiated solutions and interim orders to injunctions), unfair dismissal and adverse action claims. In defending these matters, she works closely with insureds in the medical device, technology, logistics, machinery and equipment and property industries.
She assesses cases early and provides timely, cost-effective advice and advocacy. She enjoys getting to know the full history and commercial context of each matter and works effectively to resolve employment matters, by settlement or court orders.
Caitilin also works closely with in-house counsel and HR professionals to provide front end advice on employment contracts, policies, employee management issues, investigations, terminations, award compliance, underpayment issues and enterprise bargaining. She has also frequently provided in-house training for clients.
- Pressing and defending restraint of trade actions in the healthcare industry, which involved multiple court appearances in a short timeframe.
- Acting in unfair dismissal and general protection claims and obtaining favourable settlement outcomes, at or before the initial conciliation or conference, or preparing for hearings.
- Acting in harassment, sexual harassment and bullying claims, which have involved detailed investigations and broadly contested evidence.
- Acted in discrimination claims, Tribunal claims and Australian Human Rights Commission complaints.
- Acting in executive contractual disputes and in misleading and deceptive conduct claims.
- Directors + Officers Liability
- Employment Practices Liability
- Professional Liability
- Workplace Health + Safety
- Construction + Infrastructure
- Consumer Goods + Manufacturing
- Healthcare + Life Sciences
- Property + Real Estate
- Professions + Business Solutions
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- Australian Professional Indemnity Group
- The Association for Women in Insurance
- Law Society of New South Wales