Caitlin is a solicitor at the Wotton + Kearney Wellington office. Caitlin provides support to partners and senior lawyers working in a range of insurance areas, focusing on professional negligence, recoveries and employment practices liability.
Caitlin also assists in representing the interests of medical practitioners before a range of bodies, including the Health Practitioners Disciplinary Tribunal and the High Court.
- Advising and assisting with professional negligence claims against design and construction professionals in leaky building and defect claims in the High Court.
- Assisting defence and settlement of proceedings brought against engineers involving high value residential and commercial buildings.
- Working on professional negligence claims brought against real estate agents before a range of bodies, including the Real Estate Agents Authority and the High Court.
- Assisting on the successful strike-out of a claim against a solicitor and the recovery of costs awarded.
Employment Practices Liability
- Assisting partners and senior lawyers in advising insureds in employment disputes where personal grievances have been raised.
- Operating an employment helpline.
- Assisting the defence of charges brought against practitioners in the Health Practitioners Disciplinary Tribunal.
- Assisting with an application for Judicial Review in the High Court of a decision made against a health practitioner by the Health & Disability Commission.
- Assisting with large scale recoveries arising out of forest fires.
- Assisting on a large scale product liability claim involving multiple third parties across the supply chain.
- Directors + Officers Liability
- Employment Practices Liability
- Product Liability + Recall
- Professional Liability
- Subrogated Recoveries
- Construction + Infrastructure
- Industrial + Commercial Property
- Professions + Business Services
- New Zealand Insurance Law Association
- Young Insurance Professionals NZ
- Wellington Medico-legal Society