Chris is a specialised member of Wotton + Kearney’s Financial Lines and Property & Energy teams. Prior to joining Wotton + Kearney in 2015, Chris spent over four years working as an underwriter at a global insurer. During this time he gained experience with financial lines products including, directors & officers, professional indemnity, management liability, employment practices liability and crime policies.
At Wotton + Kearney, Chris focuses on professional indemnity and property and energy first party property insurance. Chris has experience in advising insurers and insureds on policy response and litigation strategy in a wide variety of professions, including engineers and on large construction and infrastructure projects.
Chris has appeared in the District Court and Supreme Court of New South Wales independent of counsel. He has been involved in matters across a range of jurisdictions, including New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria and Western Australia.
- Defending professionals including accountants, engineers, architects and builders in claims for negligence and breach of contract.
- Acting for insurers as coverage counsel in large Directors and Officers claims.
- Acting for insurers in relation to subrogated recovery claims concerning property damage, negligent financial advice, and fidelity.
- Construction + Contract Works
- Directors + Officers Liability
- Industrial Special Risks
- Professional Liability
- Professions and Buisness Solutions
- Construction + Infrastructure
- Financial Institutions + Services
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- Australian Professional Indemnity Group
- NSW Claims Discussion Group