Chris has worked exclusively in the insurance industry since his admission in 2013. He specialises in managing employment practices, professional indemnity, public liability and statutory liability claims across all states and territories. This includes acting for direct and brokered clients in the health, aged care and education sectors.
Chris has extensive experience in litigated and disciplinary proceedings, including defending negligence claims, unfair dismissal and general protections applications, legal representation for coronial inquests, Medical Board inquiries and Medicare investigations, and advice relating to appeals of medical college decisions.
His experience extends to providing employment law advice for professionals and service providers, including advice on corporate structures as well as preparing employment contracts and workplace policies. Chris has also advised health professionals and organisations on advertising regulations, workplace investigations, privacy compliance and management of health records.
Chris has published a number of articles in legal and medical journals and is actively involved in pro bono initiatives including acting as a registered migration agent and a volunteer to Justice Connect’s Federal Court Self Representation Scheme in Melbourne.
- End to end management of employment practices, professional indemnity, public liability and statutory liability claims in all Australian states and territories.
- Managing a nationwide portfolio of liability claims for direct and brokered clients in the health, aged care, education, disability, youth work and welfare sectors while working in-house at insurer Catholic Church Insurance.
- Working in the health and aged care sectors for medical indemnity insurers, general practice and specialist clinics, and public and private health services to provide advice on:
- medical negligence proceedings;
- unfair dismissal and general protections applications;
- disciplinary and regulatory claims, including AHPRA and National Board investigations (Medical, Nursing and Midwifery, Physiotherapy, Psychology, Pharmacy, Optometry and Dental Boards), Medicare audits and workplace investigations;
- coronial inquests;
- appeals of medical college decisions;
- discrimination, harassment and bullying claims;
- preparing employment contracts and workplace policies; and
- privacy compliance, management of health records and healthcare advertising regulations.
- Employment Practices Liability
- Healthcare + Lifesciences
- Management Liability
- Professional Liability
- Healthcare + Life Sciences
- Professions + Business Services
- Public Sector + Education
- Small Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
- Australian Insurance Law Association (AILA)
- Australasian Professional Indemnity Group (APIG)
- Law Society of Victoria