Christy works in Wotton + Kearney’s Financial Lines team, with a particular focus on professional indemnity, management liability, EPL and directors & officers claims. She works with a broad range of clients, including professionals from the construction and infrastructure, property and real estate and financial services industries. She is also experienced in advising on coverage issues and acting for insurers in indemnity disputes.
Christy has appeared in the Supreme Court of Victoria, the County Court of Victoria and the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal. Prior to joining Wotton + Kearney, Christy was a judge’s associate at both the Federal Court of Australia and the Supreme Court of Victoria.
Christy spent two years practising law in London with our Legalign Global partner, DAC Beachcroft, in the Global Professional and Financial Lines Team.
Construction + Infrastructure
- Defending a claim for $3.2 million of defects on behalf of the builder of a large resort apartment complex. The case involved allegations relating to 35 categories of building defects and complex questions about the operation of domestic building legislation.
- Acting for a former manufacturer of asbestos containing products in defence of personal injury claims.
- Defending a claim against a private building inspector for fraudulent misrepresentations regarding fire safety in the High Court of Justice in Manchester, England.
- Acting for a building surveyor in respect of a personal injury matter, where the plaintiff suffered catastrophic injuries arising out of an alleged failure to properly inspect building works.
- Acting for an auditor of a failed managed investment scheme in proceedings in the Supreme Court of Victoria.
- Acting for a builder in complex proceedings involving the Cranbourne Recreation and Aquatic Centre in which damages of $13 million were sought.
- Community + Pro Bono
- Directors + Officers Liability
- Employment Practices Liability
- Environmental Liability
- Management Liability
- Professional Liability
- Construction + Infrastructure
- Energy + Mining
- Property + Real Estate
- Professions + Business Services
- Financial Institutions + Services
- Australia Insurance Law Association
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Victorian Claims Discussion Group
- Victorian Women Lawyers
- Women In Insurance