Claudine is a medical law specialist with 20 years’ experience in litigation and dispute resolution throughout Australia. As a former nurse, she brings to the role a wealth of healthcare knowledge and first-hand healthcare experience.
During her career, Claudine has represented and provided a broad range of advice to NSW health agencies, medical indemnity insurers, hospitals, medical practitioners and allied health providers. Her experience spans liability claims, coronial inquests, disciplinary and administrative law matters. She specialises in complex multi-party litigation across all medical specialties and jurisdictions.
Claudine regularly presents to specialty groups and stakeholders, is a lecturer in medicine and law at the University of Technology and has been recognised in Best Lawyers in Australia as a leading lawyer in insurance law and medical negligence since 2017.
- Managing and overseeing a multi-million dollar portfolio of claims at a national medical defence organisation.
- Overseeing current Supreme Court class action arising from cosmetic surgery.
- Conducting large-scale hospital investigations into the conduct of medical practitioners.
- Representing health practitioners at coronial inquests and immediate action hearings.
- Class Actions
- General Liability
- Healthcare + Lifesciences
- Inquiries, Investigations + Prosecutions
- Professional Liability
- Healthcare + Life Sciences
- Professions + Business Services
- Public Sector + Education
- Medico-Legal Society
- Law Society of NSW