David is a solicitor in Wotton + Kearney’s Auckland office. David provides advice on matters relating to Professional Indemnity and Construction. He assists senior lawyers and partners in a range of insurance areas, with a strong focus on professional indemnity.
David has assisted with advising insured professionals on a wide range of professional negligence claims, including matters involving architects, solicitors, builders and engineers, as well as assisting on matters relating to medico-legal claims.
- Assisting in the defence of proceedings brought against solicitors, including where complaints to the New Zealand Law Society have been made, as well as High Court proceedings.
- Assisting in the defence of insured professionals involved in leaky building and defect claims relating to large apartment buildings.
- Assisting in the defence of medical and health practitioners in the Health and Disability Commission, Human Rights Review Tribunal and Coronial Court.
- Assisting on negligence claims brought against real estate agents before a range of disciplinary bodies.
- Assisting in the subrogation recovery of roof damage caused to a small commercial building.
- Assisting with a complex product liability claim involving multiple third parties.
- Product Liability + Recall
- Professional Liability
- Subrogated Recoveries
- Construction + Infrastructure
- Professions + Business Services
- Technology + Cyber
- Member of Young Insurance Professionals