Diviij advises on personal injury, product and property damage claims, as well as coverage. He has represented insurers, self-insurers, corporate entities and SMEs across a range of industries, including mining, construction, manufacturing, retail and agriculture. His experience includes appearing in the Magistrates, District and Supreme Court, as well as the Coroner’s Court and State Administrative Tribunal in general liability claims.
Diviij is committed to providing strategic advice that focuses on obtaining the best outcome for clients in a proactive and pragmatic manner.
- Advising and assisting national and local sporting bodies and organisations regarding governmental inquiries and claims arising out of sporting-related incidents.
- Assisting an international lift company in a variety of injury claims involving elevators and lifts in various locations.
- Advising and assisting a multinational public services provider regarding claims and inquests involving the provision of immigration, detention and security services.
- Defending and advising various mining entities in injury claims, including acting for large-scale mine owners/operators as well as small-to-medium contractors and sub-contractors.
- Defending commercial cleaning services providers and property managers in ‘slip and trip’ claims.
- Acting for construction-industry entities, including site owners, head contractors and various trade services providers regarding workplace incidents.
- Defending workers compensation recoveries against third party insureds arising out of injuries sustained by workers.
Property Damage & Products
- Advising a national agricultural product supplier regarding a potentially defective product.
- Advising and defending product liability claims involving global medical and surgical product manufacturers and suppliers.
- Investigating and defending claims arising out of industrial or commercial fires resulting in third party property damage.
- Advising insurers on coverage issues arising out of third party public liability, products liability and motor vehicle fleet policies.
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability + Recall
- Property Damage (Third Party)
- Mining + Energy
- Construction + Infrastructure
- Healthcare + Life Sciences
- Manufacturing + Consumer Goods
- Retail + Labour Hire
- Transport + Marine
- Coronial Inquests + Government Inquiries
- Workers Liability + Recovery
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- Law Society of Western Australia
- Australian New Zealand Sports Law Association
- The Piddington Society