Dylan is an experienced commercial litigator specialising in class actions. He acts in large-scale class actions in various jurisdictions around Australia and globally involving sectors including financial services, consumer goods and government. Dylan’s broader litigation experience includes acting in regulatory prosecutions and inquiries, Royal Commissions, and complex commercial disputes. He has also advised corporate boards on litigation risk and strategy.
Dylan is known for his commercial acumen and strategic thinking. He has particular experience managing large teams and processes, and reporting to various stakeholders, including on issues of insurance coverage, reputational risk and alternative dispute resolution.
- Acting for UBS AG in defence of a class action in the Federal Court of Australia relating to alleged cartel conduct concerning the global issue foreign exchange instruments over a five-year period following the global financial crisis.
- Acting for ANZ, OnePath and Zurich in defence of a class action in the Federal Court of Australia concerning the national sale of consumer credit insurance over a 10-year period.
- Acting for McMillan Shakespeare Limited in defence of a class action relating to a national distribution network of financial instruments in the form of extended car warranties.
- Acting for ANZ in defence of a class action brought against ANZ and 7-Eleven by 7-Eleven franchisees.
- Advising Tabcorp on, and coordinating, a national regulatory and compliance audit.
- Representing various clients, including financial institutions and government departments, in several Royal Commissions.
- Advising various clients, including financial institutions and industry bodies, on regulatory investigations.
- Class Actions
- Commercial Litigation
- Healthcare + Life Sciences
- Inquiries, Investigations + Prosecutions
- Financial Institutions + Services
- Manufacturing + Consumer Goods
- Professions + Business Services
- Public Sector + Education
- Law Institute of Victoria