Edward works with local insurers and insurers at Lloyd’s of London, government agencies, and third party claims administrators to resolve financial lines claims.
He is equally adept providing coverage advice on high-profile claims against listed entities as he is acting for the insurer and/or the insured on SME claims. Edward also specialises in warranty and indemnity claims.
Edward completed a lengthy secondment to the financial lines claims team of a leading global insurer. This experience provided invaluable insight into how insurers operate and has informed how he delivers service that best supports their objectives. Edward is listed as a leading lawyer for Insurance Law in The Best Lawyers 2022.
He is a keen supporter of the firm’s Community Footprint program and has prepared hundreds of meals at OzHarvest’s Sydney base to distribute to people in need.
Directors + Officers
- Acting for primary insurers in securities class actions against ASX-listed entities, including a major plaintiff law firm, a national retail chain and an education service provider.
- Acting for D&O and professional indemnity insurers following the collapse of one of Australia’s largest private client stockbroking, corporate advisory and asset management groups.
- Successfully defending a misleading and deceptive conduct claim brought against directors of a bio-tech company in connection with a capital investment.
- Defending various professional indemnity and management liability claims against SME businesses in a civil, criminal, regulatory and disciplinary context including for professional negligence, employment practices liability and statutory liability.
- Defending an environmental consultancy firm, for its primary professional indemnity insurers, in a $20 million claim over the failure of a medical waste incinerator.
- Acting as defence counsel (and quasi-coverage counsel) for a professional indemnity insurer faced with a $10 million claim following a declinature and the deregistration of the insured.
- Representing a vehicle inspector under instructions from the primary PI insurer in defence of proceedings arising out of an alleged breach of duty.
- Defending a claim brought against a national accounting firm, for its primary professional indemnity insurer, following allegations of negligent taxation and restructuring advice.
- Acting under instructions from the primary PI insurer of a financial planner who was alleged to have negligently failed to incept a life insurance policy.
- Directors + Officers Liability
- Employment Practices Liability
- Financial Institutions
- Inquiries, Investigations + Prosecutions
- Management Liability
- Professional Liability
- Warranty + Indemnity
- Financial Institutions + Services
- Professions + Business Services
- Small Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
- Australian Professional Indemnity Group (President of APIG VIC)
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- Law Institute of Victoria