Emily specialises in public and products liability, as well as worker’s liability claims. She has broad experience advising both local and overseas insurers and insureds on litigated and unlitigated claims., coverage disputes and dual insurance.
Emily’s experience spans a range of industries including retail, labour hire, infrastructure and facilities management. She regularly acts on behalf of supermarkets, cleaning and facilities maintenance companies.
Having previously worked in-house with both insurers and brokers, Emily’s industry experience helps her quickly identify what is important to her clients and what will help them reach their objectives. This includes achieving early resolution of claims through alternative dispute resolution where possible.
- Defending public liability claims against operators of small and large business, including supermarkets and large cleaning companies.
- Defending common law claims brought by injured workers and related recovery proceedings from the Victorian WorkCover Authority .
- General Liability
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability + Recall
- Retail + Labour Hire
- Construction + Infrastructure
- Manufacturing + Consumer Goods
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- Women In Insurance