Jade is a senior lawyer with experience in professional indemnity, D&O, property and construction insurance. She is a highly skilled litigator, with considerable experience across a number of disciplines in complex, multi-jurisdictional cases.
Regardless of the size or complexity of the claim, Jade works dynamically with insurers, their insureds and relevant third parties to resolve claims commercially. She is appreciated for her technical excellence, as well as her practical and commercial approach to matters.
Directors + Officers
- Representing officers of the City of Perth called to give evidence at the inquiry into the operations and affairs of the City of Perth.
- Acting as defence counsel for an officer of a large international consolidated services company in a claim involving allegations that the officer and the company had engaged in misleading and deceptive conduct in the course of the negotiation of a large commercial services contract.
- Defending claims against a real estate company for misleading and deceptive conduct regarding the sale of land.
- Representing a structural engineer in a prosecution by the Department of Mines (WA) relating to the design of a crane that collapsed.
- Acting as coverage and monitoring counsel on a D&O claim arising from the operations of an ASX-listed gold mining company in the Philippines. The coverage issues involved advising on the interrelation of a local policy (governed by Filipino law) and a master policy (governed by Australian law).
- Advising insurers on coverage regarding a claim made by a multinational education services company arising out of the insured’s management of examinations set by the Royal Australian College of Physicians.
- Advising insurers and acting as defence counsel on a combined material damage and legal liability policy in claims arising from a house fire that caused damage of approximately $5 million.
- Advising underwriters and acting as coordinating coverage counsel on a series of more than 12 construction related claims arising under problematic third party liability wording.
- Advising underwriters on coverage in a product recall claim made by one of New Zealand’s largest dairy producers as a result of the contamination of products with broken glass.
- Advising underwriters on coverage in a product recall claim made by an Australian nutritional supplement producer as a result of the contamination of protein products with allergens.
- Advising insurers on coverage in a material damage and business interruption claim arising from a fire at a mobile telephone exchange. This claim involved complex contractual issues arising under a series of contracts between mobile telecoms providers and a question of whether the losses claimed were caused by the fire.
- Advising insurers on coverage under a material damage and business interruption policy and conducting a related dispute with the insured regarding water damage to a nightclub.
Construction + Contract Works
- Advising insurers on coverage under a contract works policy regarding damage to beach replenishments works on a Pacific island caused by a tropical cyclone.
- Advising insurers on coverage under a contract works policy regarding damage to large pre-cast concrete girders intended for use in the construction of a road bridge and conducting a resulting recovery claim.
Energy, Mining + Power
- Advising insurers on policy coverage arising from damage to an onshore pipeline, which formed part of an onshore oil production facility, and the contamination of surrounding land.
- Advising insurers on policy coverage arising from two unrelated incidents involving an offshore platform that extracts oil from subsea wells. The first incident related to damage to a subsea pipeline, which resulted in the release of chemicals. The second incident related to an issue with the conductor on the well, which resulted in the leak of oil from the well.
- Construction + Contract Works
- Directors + Officers Liability
- Product Liability + Recall
- Property Damage (Third Party)
- Subrogated Recoveries
- Construction + Infrastructure
- Energy, Mining + Power
- Professions + Business Services
- Australian Insurance Law Association (WA committee member since 2017)
- Young Insurance Professionals
- Australian Professional Indemnity Group