Ken is known for his expertise in personal injury claims, with a particular specialisation in institutional abuse matters and catastrophic injury claims in Western Australia. He also has broader experience across general liability, workers’ liability, statutory insurance and subrogated recoveries, and often advises on policy coverage, contractual indemnity and dual insurance disputes.
Ken represents insurers and self-insured clients across the construction, manufacturing, retail and energy industries. His experience includes regularly acting as counsel in the Federal, Supreme and District Courts, where he has been involved in several high-profile injury and fatality claims.
Ken is committed to providing pragmatic advice to resolve matters commercially and to achieve the best outcomes for his clients.
- Defending claims ranging from ‘slip and trip’ incidents to disputes following fatal accidents.
- Acting for insurers in multi-party tort claims following catastrophic injuries on mines and contribution sites.
- Acting in historical and institutional abuse claims.
- Defending manufacturers and retailers in product liability claims arising from equipment failure, and defective products that result in property loss and claims for business interruption.
- Advising on product liability claims involving manufacturers and suppliers of medical products.
- Defending engineers and constructions professionals following claims arising out of Cyclone George.
- Acting for franchisors in claims for deceptive conduct when granting licences.
- Defending claims made against brokers who provided inadequate and unsuitable insurance products.
- Advising insurers following fires started by agricultural machinery that destroyed commercial buildings.
- Managing claims from property owners and government departments following oil spills.
- Defending property claims against a gas network operator following a gas leak and explosion.
- Pursuing and defending statutory actions brought under Workers’ Compensation legislation, including claims for common law damages.
- Pursuing and defending public liability and occupiers’ liability claims arising out of injuries sustained by workers.
- Advising insurers on coverage issues and breach of contract claims arising out of third-party public liability, products liability and workers’ compensation policies
- Advising insurers on policy response in relation to claims involving misrepresentation and non-disclosure, fraud and the operation of the Insurance Contracts Act 1984.
- General Liability
- Legacy, Sensitive + Complex Claims
- Personal Injury
- Professional Liability
- Subrogated Recoveries
- Construction + Infrastructure
- Energy + Mining
- Healthcare + Life Sciences
- Manufacturing + Consumer Goods
- Public Sector + Education
- Transport + Marine
- Workers Liability + Recovery
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- Law Society of Western Australia
- Young Insurance Professionals