Ken is an experienced lawyer who has practiced exclusively in insurance law and litigation for the past decade. He advises on all areas of general liability with a focus on personal injury, product and property damage claims.
Ken also has extensive experience in workers’ liability, statutory insurance and subrogated recoveries, and often provides advice on policy coverage, contractual indemnity, and dual insurance disputes.
Ken represents insurers and self-insured clients across the construction, manufacturing, retail, and energy industries. His experience includes regularly acting as counsel in the Federal, Supreme and District Courts, he has been involved in several high-profile injury and fatality claims.
Ken is committed to providing pragmatic advice to resolve matters commercially and to achieve the best outcomes for his clients.
- Defending claims ranging from minor ‘slip and trip’ incidents to disputes following fatal accidents at mine sites.
- Acting for insurers in multi-party tort claims following catastrophic injuries resulting from improper construction practices.
- Advising insurers on multiple motor vehicle claims, involving damages of more than $10 million.
- Defending manufacturers and retailers in product liability claims arising from equipment failure, and defective products that result in property loss and claims for business interruption.
- Advising on product liability claims involving manufacturers and suppliers of medical and surgical products.
- Defending engineers and constructions professionals following claims arising out of Cyclone George.
- Acting for franchisors in claims for deceptive conduct when granting licences.
- Defending claims made against brokers who provided inadequate and unsuitable insurance products.
- Defending property claims against a gas network operator following a gas leak and explosion.
- Advising insurers following fires started by agricultural machinery that destroyed commercial buildings.
- Pursuing and defending statutory actions brought under Workers’ Compensation legislation, including claims for common law damages.
- Pursuing and defending public liability and occupiers’ liability claims arising out of injuries sustained by workers.
- Advising insurers on coverage issues and breach of contract claims arising out of third-party public liability, products liability and workers’ compensation policies
- Advising insurers on policy response in relation to claims involving misrepresentation and non-disclosure, fraud and the operation of the Insurance Contracts Act 1984.
- General Liability
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability + Recall
- Professional Liability
- Property Damage (Third Party)
- Subrogated Recoveries
- Construction + Infrastructure
- Energy + Mining
- Healthcare + Life Sciences
- Manufacturing + Consumer Goods
- Public Sector + Education
- Transport + Marine
- Workers Liability / Recovery
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- Law Society of Western Australia
- Young Insurance ProfessionalsCons