Kieran is a senior lawyer who specialises in financial lines coverage and defence work with specialities in complex D&O and management liability, professional indemnity and cyber claims. Before joining W+K he led a large Financial Lines claims team at Chubb which has seen him develop a deep understanding of claims processes and the management of all stakeholder expectations.
High profile financial lines matters Kieran has acted in include shareholder class actions, D&O investigations and insolvency proceedings, PI claims against asset managers, stockbrokers and financial advisers and as coverage counsel for complex D&O and PI claims.
Kieran’s cyber practice sees him provide services to insurers and their clients as an incident response manager, data breach and privacy lawyer and advising in respect of policy coverage.
Following on from Kieran’s most recent role in-house, he was recognised in Doyle’s Guide as one of Australia’s Leading In-House Insurance Lawyers.
- Acting on class actions against banks and asset managers.
- Acting for a stockbroker in respect of systemic claims by clients for unauthorised trading.
- Advising on coverage in respect of bank and other financial institutions remediation and compensation schemes.
- Advising on loss resulting from complex employee theft claims on Fidelity Policies and Financial Institution Bonds for SMEs and large corporates.
Directors & Officers
- Advising on coverage for shareholder class actions against ASX200 listed companies.
- Acting for directors in respect of regulatory and government initiated investigations.
- Acting for directors against claims for director duty breaches.
- Advising D&O insurers on policy coverage in respect of claims alleging insolvent trading and director duty breaches against directors.
- Acting for not-for-profit organisations in respect of varied governance and member claims against both the entities and committee members.
- Acting for an accountant defending a claim from a client for negligence resulting from the theft of client funds by an employee.
- Acting for a tax agent facing negligence claims and regulatory proceedings arising from the theft of client funds.
- Advising professional indemnity insurers, providing policy coverage advice regarding class action claims, for negligence and breach of contract against retirement village operators.
- Acting for a not-for-profit homeless shelter facing negligence claims arising from the handling of a resident.
- Acting as the incident response manager for the insureds of a major international insurer.
- Acting as the data breach and privacy lawyer for a not-for-profit welfare councillor requiring complete assessment of the clients Privacy Act and notification obligations and managing the review of sensitive personally identifiable information.
- Acting as a data breach lawyer advising on and managing an Office 365 compromise involving the disclosure of over 1,000 client records.
- Acting for insureds facing negligence and contract claims arising from social engineering fraud attacks.
- Cyber + Data Security
- Directors + Officers Liability
- Financial Institutions
- Management Liability
- Professional Liability
- Financial Institutions + Services
- Professions + Business Services
- Technology + Cyber
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- Australian Professional Indemnity Group
- Law Society of NSW
- NSW Claims Discussion Group