Kristine is a member of Wotton + Kearney’s Property & Energy team, advising the Australian and international insurance markets on major and complex losses. She is a specialist adviser on losses in the oil and gas, power generation, mining and civil infrastructure sectors.
Krissy currently acts for insurers on a range of litigated and non-litigated CAR/EAR and ISR coverage disputes. She works closely with adjusters and technical consultants to bring together the technical workstreams of work in complex matters. Krissy takes a project management type approach to large, multi-disciplinary losses and offers clients commercially astute advice.
Krissy brings to her work client-focussed insight gained from extended secondments with Zurich’s Major & Complex Loss team and as claims manager for AGCS’ Property, Energy and Engineering team. In these roles, Kristine led or participated in major and complex losses and handled regional and global reporting responsibilities and engagement with co-insurers, adjusters, brokers and risk managers. As a result, Kristine has a strong understanding of the unique challenges faced by claims advisors in major and complex loss.
Kristine was noted as an “excellent operator” in the recent Legal 500 Asia Pacific’s rankings.
- Advising Contract Works insurers on various LNG coverage issues including alleged fatigue damage to LNG pipelines, widespread paint and insulation defects throughout an onshore facility, and pitting corrosion in water distribution systems. Krissy’s coverage work has navigated complexities in the damage v defect debate and application of LEG exclusions.
- Acting as a key legal advisor for clients with significant exposure to the Christchurch earthquakes as the senior lawyer in Wotton + Kearney’s catastrophe response team. Krissy advised on a range of coverage issues (including POA extensions, extra costs of reinstatement and basis of settlement clauses, event allocation), and oversaw the practical application of the legal advice to a large corporate and claims portfolio.
- Providing MD and BI coverage advice and co-ordinating the insurance investigation into major power generation losses across Australia, including generator, turbine and transformer failures. Krissy also provides advice on subrogated recovery targets following power gen failures.
- Commercial Property
- Construction + Contract Works
- Industrial Special Risks
- Subrogated Recoveries
- Construction + Infrastructure
- Energy, Mining + Power
- Industrial + Commercial Property
- Power Generation
- Natural Catastrophes
- Australian Insurance Law Association