Kylie is a Senior Associate in Wotton + Kearney’s Auckland office with 10 years’ experience.
Kylie specialises in the defence of professional indemnity claims and has acted with partners and senior lawyers for international and local insurers in general civil litigation, coverage disputes, disciplinary proceedings, and coronial inquests. She has particular expertise in claims against professionals in the fields of construction and healthcare.
Prior to joining Wotton + Kearney, Kylie worked in Sydney in the insurance department of a leading national law firm. Kylie has also worked in London, for the dispute resolution team of a law firm specialising in the provision of legal services in the healthcare sector.
- Advising on indemnity and acting as defence counsel in professional indemnity claims against professionals, including insurance brokers and structural engineers, in proceedings in the Christchurch High Court arising from the Canterbury earthquakes.
- Prosecuting subrogated claims in the aviation sector, including a claim arising from a high-profile helicopter crash, to maximise recovery for both insurers and insureds.
- Successfully defending complaints against valuers to the Valuers Registration Board.
- Advising healthcare professionals about their confidentiality obligations, particularly in the context of Family Court proceedings.
- Advising and acting in the defence of allegations of negligence against lawyers and real estate agents to prevent the issue of proceedings.
- Representing an off-shore manufacturer to protest the jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts to hear and determine a contractual dispute.
- Appearing in the NSW Coroner’s Court in a high-profile inquest and inquiry into a fatal fire at a high-rise apartment building.
- Healthcare + Lifesciences
- Inquiries, Investigations + Prosecutions
- Legacy, Sensitive + Complex Claims
- Professional Liability
- Subrogated Recoveries
- Construction + Infrastructure
- Healthcare + Life Sciences
- Industrial + Commercial Property
- Manufacturing + Consumer Goods
- Professions + Business Services
- Auckland Women Lawyers’ Association
- New Zealand Insurance Law Association
- Not The Boys Club
- Young Insurance Professionals NZ